Monday, June 11, 2018

Spending Time with God

This morning I politely told a neighbour's boy to stop throwing sticks at a defenseless squirrel. His mother came out to begin a fight. While I was in my wheelchair. I told her everything. She told her son to stop and sent him to his room. I believe I did the right thing. I also told her to have him read the bible. I handed her an old bible I got from a pantry and she thanked me and I helped her read a few passages to read with the boy. I hoped it would help them turn to God. I think I did the right thing. If Not it's in God's hands now.

I felt that after some time with the mother of the boy she was understanding that I was a Christian. I told her about the life of mine and becoming a Christian and converting to be Catholic. She told me she wished she had learned about God and found people to teach her like my partner's family and our friends at St Mark's church. I gave her the address and phone number of the church and the web address of my spiritual blog. She told me she would check it out. I sure hope she does and hopes in time she reads the bible she was given by me. This will help her draw closer to God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. The Trinity is hard to grasp. I even to this day find it difficult to understand. 

Trinity is the foundation of most Christianity churches in the world today. Methodist, Baptists, Catholic, Church of England, and many more. I have even been to several others - Mormon, Jehovah Witness, and Jewish synagogs. I found them very confusing at times. I just didn't like Jehovah Witnesses due to them not having blood transfusions and having certain medications from a doctor you need to stay healthy. Mormons don't smoke, drink alcohol, drink tea or coffee, or any soda with caffeine in either. Which means no Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, or the like. These are a bit extreme to me. I kind of understand the medical stuff for the JW's on the blood thing, but Mormons on the drink stuff are beyond me. This is ridiculous. 

If you need to find out more about the Mormon faith or Jehovah Witness faiths or any other please research them on Google or another Search engine. I have found out my pieces of information by learning amongst them. I was in England when I was going to their communities where I could learn about their faith and learn amongst them. I studied with them the Mormons had a church, the Jehovah Witnesses had a Kindom Hall for their religious services.  They both had plenty of study books to learn from and different Bibles and the Mormon's even added scriptures to the Bible. This was unusual for us. We still have it as a memento for us. 

Reading and studying is the best way to learn about any faith. Researching is also a good way to learn about a faith and it's teaching. I find it very informative too. Good luck in your search for the right religion for you. Keep searching and asking God for the true church of God. There is after all Only on God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment